Ok, so you did this food meme a while back on your blog a while ago…..and it sort of got stuck in my mind because i’ve eaten a number of really odd things in my life. So friendster, even though you were kind enough not to tag me, because i hate memes, I will do it anyway…..hurray hurray another meme done via a letter:)
Now, if I understood the instructions correctly I’m supposed to
1. Bold the ones I’ve had
2. Strike through the ones that would make my great-grand kids gag from the after taste.
3. Italicise potential delicacies….stuff that would go down with a double shot of tequila.
Unfortunately we have a slight problem. After bugging you on msn to find out how on earth I’m supposed to strike through stuff on blogger, and finding out that you cheated when you did the post to begin with, i decided to change the rules ever so slightly. So, the Ruby instructions are as follows:
1. Bold the ones I’ve had
2. Italicise the ones that would make my great-grand kids gag from the after taste
3. Everything else will go down well with a double shot of tequila…..even the italicised ones..ha!
Ok friendster, here goes nothing……….
2. Nettle tea
3. Huevos Rancheros – fried eggs on corn chips, served with salsa…sounds like a
breakfast nacho – erm OK, officialy I’ve never ordered this, but i suspect I might have eaten
something like it
4. Steak tartare – raw mince meat….blegh
6. Black pudding – sausage made from blood
7. Cheese fondue
9. Borscht – beet soup with beef….could work
10. Baba ghanoush
12. Pho – Vietnamese Beef Noodle Soup
13. PB & J sarmie
14. Aloo gobi – potato and cauliflower curry type thingy
15. Hot dog from street cart – NYC here I come!
16. Epoisses – French cheese
17. Black truffle – black, underground mushroom
18. Fruit wine made from something other than grapes
19. Steamed pork buns – Thai Pork Dumplings, basically
20. Pistachio ice cream
21. Heirloom tomatoes – Not that i’m aware of
22. Fresh wild berries
23. Foie gras
24. Rice and beans – anyone ever have jumping jack???
25. Brawn or head cheese
26. Raw Scotch bonnet pepper
27. Dulce de leche
30. Bagna cauda
31. Wasabi peas – if my great grandchildren are anything like me they won’t only gag…..
32. Clam chowder in sourdough bowl
33. Salted lassi – it’s like salty Yogi-Sip
35. Root beer float
36. Cognac with a fat cigar
37. Clotted cream tea – I’m gagging!!
38. Vodka jelly – for the afrikaans people – wie kom saam my robotjie speel?????
41. Curried goat
42. Whole insects – Mopani worms
43. Phaal – it’s just curry
44. Goat’s milk in cheese form – feta, haloumi
45. Malt whisky from a bottle worth £60/$120 or more – thanx to all my clients
and my boss!
46. Fugu – Japanese pufferfish
47. Chicken tikka masala
48. Eel – sushiiiii
49. Krispy Kreme original glazed doughnut – i think i’ve hadthis
50. Sea urchin
51. Prickly pear
52. Umeboshi – pickled Japanese ume fruit
54. Paneer – Persian cheese
55. McDonald’s Bic Mac Meal
56. Spaetzle – German egg noodle or dumpling
57. Dirty Gin Martini
58. Beer above 8% ABV
59. Poutine – chips with cheese and gravy
60. Carob chips
63. Kaolin – it’s a rock???
65. Durian – that smelly fruit from Thailand
66. Frog’s legs
67. Beignets, churros, elephant ears or funnel cake – some type of doughnut
69. Fried plantain – some sort of fruit from the Caribbean
70. Chitterlings, or andouillette – pig’s intestines
72 Caviar and blini
73. Louche absinthe
74. Gjetost or brunost – Norwegian cheese
77. Hostess Fruit Pie
79. Lapsang souchong
81. Tom yum – thai soup
82. Eggs Benedict
83. Pocky – chocolate on a stick
84. Tasting menu at a three-Michelin-star restaurant
85.Kobe beef – from a special cow…..right??
90. Criollo chocolate
92. Soft shell crab
93. Rose harissa – it’s a spice with rose petals in
95. Mole poblano – Mexican chilli chocolate sauce
96. Bagel and lox – bagel with cream cheese and smoked salmon
97. Lobster Thermidor
99. Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee
100. Snake – should tast like crocodile
Gosh, I’ve eaten quite a lot of this stuff…..scary! Well my friend, this should keep you busy for a while:) Have a fab weekend!!!!
11 thoughts on “Dear AK”
i’m so glad you haven’t had frog legs…. eeuuuwwww ;)have a great weekend!
yeah me too….allthough, i’m pretty sure it would go great with a double shot of tequila!
you ate snail….yukky….I cant get my head around eating snails. I always think of the garden variety.Ive actually eaten alot more stuff on that list than i thought i would have.
it comes as a bit of a shock when you start looking at it…doesn’t it?
Okay, this may sound like a dumb question, but what is a “meme”? I get that it’s sort of a list that each person fills out, but does it stand for anything? Anyway, my worst was tripe. Not that original or weird, but Yeuch! Could almost taste the stomache acid…
Kitty – welcome to my blog sweety!!! hmmm….I’m not sure actually….maybe we should go to wikipedia and find out:)
Yeeeuuuggghhh….I was fine until I read the comment about tripe…and the fact that you would actually eat Haggis…WTF?? No amount of tequila would make me eat either.
my friend…you didn’t read the instructions properly….haggis is in italics….which means that i think my great grand children will gag on it!!! helooooooooo!!!!!!!! focus!!!!!!!!!!!
wow… you really HAVE had a lot of those!
I tagged you in my new post 🙂
erm….ok, I’ll go take a look:)