Wow! thank you so much for the awarding me the Beautiful blogger award in your latest post. Such an incredibly sweet thing to say..the award and the beautiful words were very much appreciated:)
For the award I have to tell you 7 things about myself that you do not know and then pass it on to 7 other bloggers that I think are beautiful. A tough one, considering the various meme’s that have been completed on this here blog, but i shall give it a bash anyway:)
1. I have a dream of having a school for fine arts one day. Dancing, singing, acting, music..all of it. To promote the love there of in the hearts of the youth and those not privileged enough to be exposed to it all the time
2. I have moments of extreme loneliness…I’ll be surrounded by people who love and care for me and yet i feel like I’m all alone in the world, like nobody knows me. I’m grateful that these moments are very rare though:)
3. There is something about me that only a very limited amount of people know. Most of them respect it, but very few of them understand it.
4. I have a fascination for knives and swords. I own a swords and a couple of knives too 🙂
5. I’m a bit of a Pyro
6. I love children. Child abuse, starving children and other bad things that affect children really hits me in the gut. I used to volunteer at the government hospital while I was studying and visited the children’s ward once a week. I’d play with them, tell them stories, sing them to sleep, hold the babies, help feed them and generally give them the attention the nursing staff couldn’t give them, even though they wanted to. Some of those kids had been there for weeks and weeks on end with nobody coming to visit them. I always went home in tears and generally spent the rest of the evening feeling as if somebody ripped my heart out.
7. Today is the 10th anniversary of my favourite uncle’s death. He was an incredible human being. The last thing he said to me while i was visiting him in hospital was ‘you are beautiful, everything about you is beautiful…don’t ever lose that. You’re so passionate about life, i wish i could see where you will be in 10 years’ He died that night. Well my darling uncle, today is 10 years later…I hope I can say that you’d be proud of the person I’ve become:)
So now i get to award it to 7 other bloggers🙂 Many of you have already been awarded this specific award, so if you get a second one from me….deal with it ok?
So my awards go to:
1. Louisa – Fantastic and super interesting person. Doing the single mommy thing and generally making life fun and interesting 🙂
2. Being Brazen – she has the most insightful posts, often learn things over weekends and is a sweet and wonderful blogger person
3. Jessica – a lovely lady that I’m grateful I’ve gotten to know. Truly beautiful both on the in and the outside.
4. Phillygirl – my beautiful and darling friend, *hugs* you’re incredible:)
5. Doodles – A girl after my own heart…she’s like my carbon copy, and if i win the award so does she:)
6. Arkwife – My friendster…i love you…you are beautiful:)
7. My terrivle twin – one of the most amazing and interesting people ever…she is awesome and beautiful and you’ll love her to bits!
P.S. Gauteng is empty without you hun🙂
11 thoughts on “Dear Pink Hair Girl”
Oh I know that lonely feeling too. It's not great!
Awesome. However you got me stuck on Swords and Pyro; that is so cool. I have a few swords myself – all fake mind you.:)
@Jeanette – It's good to know i'm not alone in this experience. The moments suck, but at least when they pass I become more grateful for the people i have in my life:)
@phillip – *grin* my sword is a real one, and i dream of owning a proper and true samurai sword one day *wishful thinking*. Hehe..thanx for thinking my weird things are cool 🙂
Aww hun thank you! I think you're a gorgeous blogger! And I hope I never meet you angry with you sword! Giggle. I've been fascinated with swords since watching Kill Bill, Tarantino is so cool! 🙂 Anyway, I shall attempt to think of 7 things none knows. A Herculean feat for motor-mouth B.
Whats number 3!?!?!?!? soooooo curious
@Patchwork – ja….i kinda had trouble coming up with 7 things too!!!! *blush* thank you my terrivle half:) Swords are awesome!@Anon – hehe…there was a reason I didn't elaborate…I can't even begin to imagine the reaction that little bit of info will get 🙂
most of us have things that we prefer not everyone to know. i think the true test of friendships is seeing if people who know huge life altering things about us can treat us in the same way. Because you can never unknow something. I wish you a person in your life that fills the lonely and is a safe space for your heart to rest
THANK YOU sooo much for the award and kind words. *hugs *x
@Sally-Jane – thank you so much my beautiful friend:) you mean so much to me@BB – Pleasure babe:)
Thanks, Ruby shoes. I reckon you're a Beautiful Blogger too. *hugs*